Island Peak, also know as Imja Tse, is located in the Himalaya of Eastern Nepal. The name Island Peak was given by Eric Shipton’s party in 1951 due to its appearance as an island in a sea of ice from Dingboche. It was later renamed Imja Tse in 1983 but Island Peak remains the popular choice. The peak is an extension of the ridge coming down off the south end of Lhotse Shar.
Day 1: Flying from Kathmandu, you enjoy an exciting flight to Lukla (2840m). Trek to Phakding. (2610m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 2: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m). Namche Bazar is the largest village and also an administrative centre of the Khumbu region. Overnight in lodge.
Day 3: Trek to Khumjung (3780m), also called the green valley. Overnight in lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Tengboche(3860m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 5: Trek to Dingboche (4410m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 6: Dingboche. Rest day for acclimatization. Overnight in lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Lobuche (4910m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 8: Visit Kala Patthar (5550) and back to Lobuche. Overnight in lodge.
Day 9: Trek to Chhukung (4730m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5100m). Overnight in tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Island Peak High Camp (5600m). Overnight in tented camp.
Day 12: Summit Island Peak and return to Base Camp. Overnight in tented camp.
Day 13: Trek to Pangboche (3930). Overnight in lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazar. Overnight in lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Lukla. Overnight in lodge.
Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
– Airport pickup and drop off.
– Necessary food, lodging and camping equipments required for the expedition.
– Domestic flight ticket to and from Lukla.
– Necessary porter and guide.
– Necessary permits and National Park Fee.
– Porter’s and guide’s insurance and wages.
– 4 nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu. Three Star Hotel.
– International flight.
– Personal natured expenses.
– Personal insurance and rescue.
– Climbing Sherpa.
– Personal climbing equipments.
– Meals in Kathmandu.
– Alcohol and beverage.
– Extra nights hotel in Kathmandu.